29 Jan Using Dermal Fillers
There are numerous ways to refresh and rejuvenate aging skin that has wrinkles and fine lines. One of the most popular cosmetic procedures at the MedSpa is the use of a dermal filler. These products are injected into the skin to give you perky, natural-looking skin without surgery. There is little downtime with dermal fillers, which makes this procedure more desirable.
Dermal fillers are usually used to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. With aging and the passing of time, damage to the skin, thins it, wrinkles it, and makes it feel dry and rough. Dermal fillers can fill in lost volume and smooth out lines and wrinkles to give you a more youthful look. If you are not yet ready for a facelift, consider using dermal fillers to soften wrinkles and shave off years from your appearance.
Face Areas Treated with Dermal Fillers
- Cheeks – Hyaluronic acid is the number one cheek plumping product available. Anyone over the age of 32 can benefit from cheek dermal fillers. Injecting hyaluronic acid into underdeveloped or sunken cheeks make the patient look more attractive.
- Lips – For the right candidate, injecting hyaluronic acid to the lips can erase smoker lines and give back the natural lip line. Dermal filler into the lips will make renew them to their youthful fullness, which makes the patient look years younger.
- Chin – The improvement of the chin appearance can be achieved with a small amount of dermal filler. Over time, the chin loses its structural support, and hyaluronic acid in this area can keep the chin, mouth, and neck looking as they once did.
- Eyebrows – Just a small amount of hyaluronic acid to each outer brow will give back what time has taken away. This gives the face a lovely, youthful look.
- Nasolabial folds – These are creases that develop from each side of the nose down to the mouth region. Filling in this area with dermal filler makes you look as when you were in your youth.
- Marionette lines – These are the vertical folds that start at the corner of lips and go down towards the jaw. The hyaluronic acid fills in these lines, giving you a refreshed appearance.
- Tear troughs and eyes – Many people like the look of dermal filler for these areas. Fluffing the eye region can make you look less tired and rejuvenated, eliminating shadowing from the lower eye lid bag.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Unlike many forms of augmentation and skin rejuvenation, dermal fillers have very few side effects. Because hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the human body, there is no risk for rejection. The only issues you could face would be slight redness, bruising, or swelling at the injection site. This only last for a few hours, however. Because the dermal filler procedure is simple, there is no need for sedation or an anesthetic.
Another benefit of dermal fillers is that they can be combined with other cosmetic treatments, such as Botox. Many clients receive both treatments during the same treatment session. In addition, dermal filler results last for up to 12 months. Dermal fillers are a suitable option for people who are not quite ready to undergo plastic surgery, but want the same effects.