29 Jan Rid yourself of Wrinkles with Chemical Peels
A chemical peel is a special anti-aging treatment used to improve uneven skin tone and give your skin a youthful, more rejuvenated appearance. This procedure involves removal of the top skin cells using a chemical solution.
What are the benefits of a chemical peel?
Chemical peels are used to improve fine lines, skin texture, acne, scarring, and sun damaged skin. The procedure is very effective for treating deep wrinkles and uneven skin tones. Removal of the topmost layers of skin will stimulate the dermis to create new elastin and collagen, which exposes undamaged, softer, and smoother skin.
How is the chemical peel done?
You will first come to the Medspa for a consultation. During this time, the aesthetician assesses your skin and inquires about your desired results. During your consultation, the technician discusses contraindications, recovery time, and expected results. After you sign a consent form, the procedure is scheduled. The chemical solution is applied using a cotton-tipped applicator. The aesthetician applies the solution to all areas of the face and neck.
What do I do after the chemical peel?
After the chemical peel, sun avoidance is important. You should use a high-grade UVA/UVB sun block for several days.
What are the different types of chemical peels?
The Medspa offers a variety of chemical peels, which offer various cosmetic needs. These options include:
- Glycolic peel – This solution is a safe, effective exfoliating peel designed to remove the micro-thin top layer of your skin. Removal of the damaged skin cells will stimulate cell division, producing a plumper, healthier skin layer. This peel also softens the skin, decreases acne breakouts, lightens hyperpigmentation, and diminishes fine lines.
- Vi peel – The Vi peel is used to improve skin texture, tone, and clarity while reducing hyperpigmentation.
- Brightening peel – This is a good peel when you wish to diminish the damaging effects of age and time. This peel enhances the skin’s appearance, loosening debris and brightening the skin.
- Pumpkin peel – This peel is good for people of all ages. Pumpkin is a powerful antioxidant product, and it drenches the skin in vitamin A, vitamin C, and beta-carotene.
- Sensi peel – Designed for ethnic, mature, and/or sun-damaged skin, this peel will reduce the appearance of age spots, fine lines, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and freckles. In addition, this peel can be used for people who have rosacea and other skin sensitivities.
- MicroPeel – This peel is a safe, effective treatment that begins with dermaplaning. The aesthetician uses a small tool to scrape away dead skin layers and fine hairs. Afterwards, an alpha-hydroxy-acid (AHA) solution is applied to the skin. This solution removes impacted debris and cleanses the pores.
- Jessner peel – This peel is used to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The chemical solution is best used on congested, sun-damaged, and hyperpigmented skin.
When can I return to usual activities after a chemical peel?
The recovery time for a chemical peel depends on the type of peel. Superficial glycolic or Jessner peels administered by the doctor or aesthetician have no downtime. However, 30% solution peels used at the Medspa often create irritation, redness, and flakiness for several days. Deep, invasive peels for deep wrinkles will involves 2-3 weeks of recovery time.
How often will I need a chemical peel?
The frequency of treatment depends on the type of peel you get. For mild chemical solutions, you can get treatments each month. For stronger solutions, you will need one every 6-12 months to maintain results.
Live Skin is the top Medspa in Tempe, AZ and offers several types of chemical peels depending on your skin type. The peels are great for improving your complexion, glow and tone! Call us today to go back in time with your appearance.