14 Jun FAQs on Facials in Arizona
Facial Treatment in Tempe and Phoenix AZ
Getting a regular facial is a great way to keep your skin looking young and rejuvenated. These treatments are effective for removing clogged pores, hydrating the skin, and soothing wrinkles.
Why do I need facials?
A regular facial routine is about skin health and maintenance than it is about luxury or pampering. Facial services help stimulate the skin and increase circulation, which slows premature aging. Facials are used to improve acne, rosacea, and skin redness, and they are a good preventive treatment for wrinkles. In addition to healthy skin, men get facials so they can minimize irritation, ingrown hairs, and redness.
What is a professional skin therapist?
For the same reason a dentist checks your teeth, a skin therapist (aesthetician) can help you with achieving beautiful, glowing skin. Skin needs the personal attention of a professional, and a licensed aesthetician is someone who is educated on skin health.
How soon will I see results after my facial?
Facial treatments are designed to meet your specific needs. Some people see results immediately, as the skin feels smoother and softer. The skin also will feel clean, smooth, and hydrated. If skin has more advanced needs, such as hyperpigmentation, acne, or aging, results may not be immediately noticeable. However, over the next few days, you will notice results.
What are the long-term benefits of getting regular facial treatments?
The main benefit of regular skin care is healthy skin. Regular facials keep acne flare-ups down, prevent wrinkling, and keep balanced levels of oils. The nature’s weather cycle combined with air conditioning and heating units will leave the skin dry, sensitive, and lackluster. Regular facials help skin stay healthy and hydrated.
What are the different types of facials?
Normal facials are simple, and involve steam and massage. While they are the least expensive, they are quite beneficial. Other types of facials include:
- Alpha hydroxy acid facials – AHA acids are derived from flowers and fruits. They are mild and known for anti-aging effects.
- Bio-lift facials – These treatments include dark circle focus, using a bio-mask that tones and tightens the facial skin.
- Paraffin facials – These involve application of a special paraffin solution over layers of gauze. This treatment involves special anti-aging and rejuvenating creams.
- Collagen facials – This involves exfoliation, warm vapor, deep pore cleansing, and massage. A masque of freeze dried collagen is used to hydrate and replenish the skin.
- Deep pore cleansing facials – These are used for people with acne and clogged pores.
What is a dermaplaning facial?
Dermaplaning involves the use of a surgical scalpel moved gently across the face to remove dead skin cells and fine vellus facial hair. This is done by a skilled aesthetician who applies a facial serum to help the scalpel glide across the skin.
What procedures are involved during a facial?
The most common facial treatments include:
- Exfoliation – Whether by chemical peel or microdermabrasion, exfoliation involves removal of dead skin cells. This process is used to eliminate hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and wrinkles.
- Face masks – To infuse your skin with reparative peptides and nutrients, facial masks are applied to offer hydration, an antioxidant boost, and gentle enzyme exfoliation.
- Micro-needling – A new facial treatment involves the use of a roller device that has many tiny needles. The needles go into the skin 1-2.5 millimeters, which stimulates collagen formation, removes areas of hyperpigmentation, and eliminates wrinkles.
- Comedone extraction – Using a special tool, the aesthetician will remove clogged pores, which are called comedones. This helps current acne breakouts heal faster, reduces future breakouts, and removes bacteria.