26 Jul Does HCG Medical Weight Loss really Work?
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) medical weight loss is all the rave at many doctor’s offices and weight loss clinics. The question many people are asking is, “does the hCG diet really work?” It is promoted to get weight off and keep lost pounds from coming back. Find out more about the hCG medical weight loss plan.
When and where did the hCG weight loss diet come about?
The hCG diet has been around since the 1950s, when Dr. A.T.W. Simeons first proposed the special protocol. The doctor wrote a book called Pounds and Inches, which detailed the original protocol for the hCG diet. People using HCG injections were instructed to follow a very strict low calorie diet.
What is hCG?
Human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone produced during pregnancy. This hormone is made by the placenta cells, and it helps maintain progesterone production throughout the entire pregnancy. One of the roles of hCG during pregnancy is to break down stored abdominal fat so it can be used for energy to support the growing fetus. This hormone also increases the mother’s metabolism, which makes it useful for weight loss.
What is the hCG diet?
The hCG diet involves a specific protocol that must be followed on a daily basis for several weeks. The patient is injected with small amounts of hCG, along with vitamin B12. This helps the body burn fat. During the diet, the patient can only eat 700 calories each day. This rapid weight loss program allows women to lose between half a pound to a pound each day, and obese men can lose up to 2-3 pounds each day.
How does the hCG diet work?
The hCG diet involves the use of hCG injections, which stimulates the body’s metabolism. In addition, vitamin B2 provides increased energy and also increases weight loss. hCG is effective at converting stubborn fat to fuel.
Who benefits from the hCG diet?
Males and females alike will benefit from the hCG diet. This weight loss program is beneficial for anyone who wishes to lose weight and keep it off. The program works for both older and younger clients, and is particularly useful for loss of stubborn belly fat.
Is the doctor trained in hCG weight loss?
Our physicians are specially trained in the hCG weight loss program. Only a licensed medical professional can prescribe hCG injections for weight loss. A combination of limiting caloric intake and use of hCG to convert stored fat to fuel works in this program.
What are you allowed to eat on the hCG weight loss diet?
The diet limits you to two meals a day, which is lunch and dinner. At each mean, you are to have one protein, one bread, one vegetable, and one fruit.
- Protein -For the protein, you can have fish, lobster, shrimp, crab, veal, beef, or chicken, as long as it is broiled, baked, or grilled.
- Bread – For the bread, you can have a piece of melba toast or one breadstick.
- Vegetable – For the vegetable, you can have chard, spinach, beet greens, tomatoes, celery, onions, fennel, radishes, asparagus, cucumbers, and cabbage.
- Fruit – For the fruit you can have strawberries, an orange, an apple, or half a grapefruit
- Drink – The diet allows you to drink as much coffee, water, and tea as you like, and you can have one tablespoon of milk each day.
- Other – Sugar substitutes are allowed, but sugar, oils, and butter are not.